Jay’s top tips....
Where he hangs out: Inner West and Melbourne CBD
Expert in: Discovering the best home wares stores, high end bargain hunting and seeking out the best coffee spots.
“You can always be guaranteed a great coffee almost anywhere in Melbourne, and we have an array of different cuisines to suit all tastebuds…”
Jay’s top picks from around Melbourne
- Corn fritters at Woven Café in Yarraville – best breakfast spot in the West
- High End designer bargains at South Wharf DFO Shopping Centre
- An extensive list of cocktails at Eau De Vie – a 1920s inspired intimate bar that is hidden away in a laneway in CBD Melbourne. If you are with a group of friends, I recommend the flowing bowl, designed to share, it will knock your socks off!
- By far, the BEST coffee in my opinion in Melbourne, at Mon Amour in Albert Park. A cute European style café, with exceptional coffee, delicious breakfast and a lovely wine list.
- The American BBQ scene in Melbourne has really taken off, and my favourite will always be Meat Maiden – the beef brisket from the smoker is the pick!
- You can’t beat an Acai Bowl at Heal.Thy.Self. Co in Yarraville.
- A nice drive down the Mornington Peninsula to Main Street, Mornington is where I love to find some stand out pieces for the home. With door to door home wares stores, you will find something to adore.
- For some seriously good Thai, I head to Yim Yams in Yarraville, where I have found the best Massaman Curry in the world!
- I’m a health nut, so for my smoothie fix, I head to Organic Cube in Williamstown – the double shot coffee smoothie is the pick!
- For all my European gourmet needs, like a good home made relish, tasty cheeses, salami, hams and olives, my local deli Altona Fresh is unbeatable!
Chat with Jay....
Need help building the perfect Melbourne itinerary or a restaurant recommendation perhaps? Ask away...